Primal Medicine – 16hr Outdoor Wilderness First Aid Course
Certificates are issued through our OfQual approved Awarding Organisation, accredited by four organisations and their associate awarding bodies and partners, recognised by the MLTUK, BCU, RYA and MBLA: This means that you can be assured of quality trainers.
- Medical Expertise Ltd (T/A Remote Emergency Care)
- Qualsafe Awards (QA Centre Number 0904975)
- Service Medical Professionals (Number 1150)
- Association of First Aiders Qualifications (Centre Number TPID942)
· Accident procedure and vital signs
· Recognition and treatment of an unconscious casualty
· How to recognise and treat casualties who are in a seizure
· Adult CPR the recognition and treatment of Cardiac Arrest
· Treatment of Drowning / Child CPR / Infant CPR casualties
· Recognition and treatment choking casualties
· The treatment of bleeding injuries
· Recognition and treatment of burns and scalds
· How to recognise and treat potential fractures to arms and lower legs
· Recognition and treatment soft tissue injuries
· Treating casualties with head injuries
· Management of potential neck injuries
· Recognition and treatment of injuries to the chest, stomach, pelvis and thigh.
· Practical scenarios to reinforce learning throughout the 2 days
· Recognition and treatment of common medical emergencies (Asthma, diabetes, anaphylaxis, bites, stings,)
· Core heating and cooling (hyper and hypo thermia) recognition and treatment
In the afternoon on the second day we will run an interactive First Aid workshop as we discover which of our common wild plants are most useful in first aid situations as well as how to prepare them in times of need.
Limited spaces Book now! Sat 12th – Sun 13th August
There will be an overnight camping element on this course. All food and drink provided.